Saturday, April 18, 2015

Colorado Video Production In-The-Works!

There never seems to be a dull moment in my life which is always sending me looking for something new and something I can hopefully one day make some money doing.

I have been slowly ramping up another side business which honestly I hope will be a great money maker for me in the future. I have been contemplating how long I might be able to continue to DJ weddings and other events. I will be 40 later this year which makes me think I might have another 10 or 15 years before people will be going to younger less expensive DJ's.

Going back to the mid 90's I have had the urge to make and edit video. I had to camcorder and I was shooting a lot of footage but two VCRs were just not a good way to edit anything cleanly, I soon gave up the idea back then.

The last few years have found me doing more and more videos to promote my own wedding DJ business. As of last year I started recording ceremonies and trying my best to put them together as something clients might one day want to pay for. All along adding a few more cameras to provide more angles and then finally this past fall, adding a computer which could handle multi-cam HD edits.

I have shot and edited two short films and many recap videos of a music open mic I host every week. This summer I hope to have about 35 weddings booked with most of them including ceremony services which I have every intention of recording, editing and providing at little or no charge.

Next year will be the breakout for the video business with an emphasis on wedding and business film production. It will be an adventure to get the ball rolling and amass those demo videos as I continue to learn and grow as a video producer.

www.JRProMedia.com



No comments:

Post a Comment